The Town contracts with ProCode Inc., for all of our building inspection services. They can be contacted at 970-305-3161 or by email at email [at] procodeinc.net.
International Energy Conservation Code Ordinance No. 637, an Ordinance Repealing and Readopting Section 6-1-7 of the Eaton Municipal Code Concerning the International Energy Conservation Code, 2018 Edition, passed after the second reading on July 20, 2023, and became effective on August 26, 2023.
Below is information about the permitting process as well as permits and other resources.
- Link to register as a contractor or community member user in CommunityCore
- Link to CommunityCore for users who are already registered
- Link to Helpful CommunityConnect User Guides
Other Permitting Details
- Payment - Upon completion of reviews, an invoice will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Make a payment in CommunityCore or call the town to make a payment. Permits will not be issued until approved and all payments are received.
- Issuance - Upon issuance, you will need to download and print the permit and have it onsite for the inspector.
- Schedule Inspections - You can schedule inspections through CommunityCore in the Schedule Inspections tab.
- Notifications will be sent with the results.
- CO/TCO/CC - Upon completion of all workflow steps listed in CommunityCore, you will be able to print the final CO.
- The town will sign and email the CO/CC/TCO to the email address on file.
- Permit Closed
Notice to Contractors and Homeowners ~ May 2022
The Town of Eaton is now requiring an "Energy Compliance Certificate" as part of the requirements to show compliance with the 2018 International Energy Conservation Code. The Certificate will be required on all new residential permits as of May 2022.
Along with the Certificate form, leak test reports for Ductwork and Building Envelope will be required. The Certificate form will be available on the Town of Eaton's Building department website and ProCode Inc., website for download. Testing reports and Certificate should be completed and available to the inspector during Final Inspections and will be required prior to Certificate of Occupancy.
For questions regarding this requirement, please contact ProCode Inc., at 970.305.3161.