The Town contracts with ProCode Inc., for all of our building inspection services. They can be contacted at 970-305-3161 or by email at email [at] procodeinc.net.
Below is information about the permitting process as well as permits and other resources.
- New Contractors - Fill out the following form and provide an insurance certificate with The Town of Eaton listed as the Certificate Holder - 223 1st St Eaton, CO 80615 - ***You can upload your documents into Cascade when you register.
- Once the town verifies your information and documents you will be verified in the system as an admin user which then will allow you to Apply for a permit online.
- Home Owners - Click here to register and apply online.
- Application - Download and complete the fillable application below. You will attach this to your online permit.
- Once registered and validated as a contractor you can click on Create Permit.
- Enter the address where it asks for a parcel number and select the address.
- Select the permit type that best matches your project.
- Click Save. This gets the permit in the system and sends an email to the permit tech with the town.
- The permit tech will review the information. They will contact you for further information if needed.
- The permit tech will also contact you for a deposit. See the fee schedule for deposit amounts.
- Once the permit application is reviewed and deposit is collected it will go to the next step. See the workflow page in Cascade for all steps in the permit process.
- You will receive notifications throughout the process. If you are not seeing them check your junk/spam folder and add the email address to the safe list.
- Payment - Upon completion of reviews, an invoice will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Call the town to arrange payment. Permits will not be issued until approved and all payments received.
- Issuance - Upon issuance you will need to download and print the permit and have onsite for the inspector.
- A Print Permit button will appear once the permit has been issued under the Edit Values tab.
- Schedule Inspections - You can schedule inspections through Cascade in the Schedule Inspections tab.
- Notifications will be sent with results.
- CO/TCO/CC - Upon completion of all workflow steps listed in Cascade you will be able to print the final CO.
- The town will sign and email the CO/CC/TCO to the email address on file.
- Permit Closed
Notice to Contractors and Homeowners ~ May 2022
The Town of Eaton is now requiring an "Energy Compliance Certificate" as part of the requirements to show compliance with the 2018 International Energy Conservation Code. The Certificate will be required on all new residential permits as of May 2022.
Along with the Certificate form, leak test reports for Ductwork and Building Envelope will be required. The Certificate form will be available on the Town of Eaton's Building department website and ProCode Inc., website for download. Testing reports and Certificate should be completed and available to the inspector during Final Inspections and will be required prior to Certificate of Occupancy.
For questions regarding this requirement, please contact ProCode Inc., at 970.305.3161.