The Eaton Public Library's After School Snack Program is a fantastic resource for local students, running from Monday through Friday, 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm. This initiative not only provides a nourishing, healthy snack courtesy of the Weld County Food Bank but also ensures that children have a stimulating and enjoyable experience each day. The program's daily activities range from engaging crafts to exciting games, creating a vibrant and welcoming space for children to unwind and learn. It is a valuable asset for the community, encouraging both nutrition and education in a fun, interactive manner, while also fostering a sense of togetherness and enrichment among the young participants.
Benefits of after school programs at the library:
- Educational Support: Homework assistance and tutoring improve academic performance.
- Access to Resources: Libraries offer books and online materials for extended learning.
- Skill Development: Creative activities foster critical thinking and creativity.
- Social Interaction: Encourages teamwork and social skills.
- Safety and Supervision: Provides a secure after-school environment.
- Healthy Snacks: Some programs offer nutritious snacks.
- Reduced Screen Time: Encourages hands-on activities and reading.
- Lifelong Learning: Fosters a love for continuous learning.