Mission Statement: Friends of the Eaton Public Library is a non-profit, community-based organization dedicated to the support and promotion of the library. Our volunteers serve as advocates for the library and work to increase awareness of its value to the community through the following:
- Community awareness and outreach
- Supporting programming and special events
- Publicizing the range of resources and services provided by the library
- Viable commitment of support for the library staff
- Promoting the historical significance of the library to the community
- Developing a liaison between the library and the local schools
- Facilitating the disbursement of gifts donated to the library
- Defining a positive relationship between the Board, the staff, and the Friends
For more information, please contact Mary Vance at mvance2000 [at] msn.com.
Who can Volunteer?
- YOU can if you are at least 12 years old
- Some jobs need good eyesight and a steady hand
- All need a friendly, helpful attitude
- Some jobs have a desired time requirement
- Others are a one-time fun event
- If you are 18 years or older, you must pass a background check
Typical volunteer jobs include:
- Cleaning and organizing
- Special events and programs needing set up, floor assistance, supervision or clean-up
- Computer/technology class and lab assistance
- Manning booths at festivals and events
- Special projects
- Summer Reading desk help
- Shelving books
Please call the Eaton Public Library at (970) 454-2189 to check on current needs and for volunteering opportunities. Do you have a special skill or talent we could use? Let us know!
For other volunteer opportunities or questions, please contact Stacie Khoury at skhoury [at] highplains.us.